Tuesday, January 27, 2015

In other news

Fifteen months ago, I took a tumble off a horse and broke my collarbone into five pieces.  My friend, Carol, drove me to the Emergency Room and helped take care of me in the weeks that followed.  She cooked dinner for my family, took me grocery shopping and drove me to the barn.  I really don't know how I would have made it through that hard time without her.

Five weeks ago, Carol took tumble off her skis, and now it's my turn to take care of her.
She will have her ACL surgically repaired tomorrow morning, and for the next week or so, she'll be living here.
Because of that, I don't expect to be online much for the next little bit.  I'll continue to post contest entries as time allows, but mostly, I'll be hanging out with my best friend.  

7 comments:

  1. You guys must be the worlds best friends. Wow. That's awesome. Good for you guys, I know what it's like to have a friend there for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Hope Carol has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to do for her. I hope Carol's surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better Carol! A speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor Carol - wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

    ReplyDelete