Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday ride

I try to celebrate every birthday with a trail ride, which isn't always possible in Colorado.  Fortunately, this year the weather couldn't have been nicer.  It was nearly sixty degrees when Sprite and I headed out!
We were joined by Mary Jo on Scarlett and Cindy on Goldie. 
After nearly a month of being restricted to the trail on the south side of the creek, the ice has finally melted enough to allow safe crossings.
It's so nice to be able to ride the loop again!  The scenery in this photo may not look exciting, but the complete lack of snow and ice makes me happy.
Of course, the shady bits were still squishy.  We avoided one slick patch by riding across a parking lot! 
It was a beautiful day for a ride.
When we got back to the barn, Bob let me know that he wanted some attention, too. 
Birthday kisses from Bob. 
I wasn't particularly looking forward to that birthday, but I ended up having a very good day.   Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! 

5 comments:

  1. How can you not enjoy a birthday that includes kisses from Bob?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOB!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR TWISTY ARAB EARS!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. bday trail rides are best trail rides :) those horses look so happy to be out and about!! it's still too icy around here to cross any of the streams, so we're also pretty limited...

    ReplyDelete