Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Liliana and Dan

Without a doubt, this was the highlight of my trip to St. Louis:  We were walking to the Arch when two and a half year old Liliana sounded the alarm.
 "Daddy, Daddy!  I see a horse!"
Thankfully Aunt Jennifer was there!  I scooped Lilie up in my arms and we hurried down the steps to meet that horse.
His name was Dan and he was eight years old. 
It's hard to say which one of us was having more fun! 
Lilie and I could have stayed with Dan all day, but everyone else wanted to go up in the Arch.  Meanies!
We rode up to the viewing deck at the top of the Arch and Lilie looked out the window...
"Daddy, Daddy!  I see the horse again!"
I love my niece!

7 comments:

  1. Cool :-) What a great niece !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where she can get some horse presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Lilie keeps up her horse loving ways she will be the beneficiary of a lifelong stream of horse related gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!

    But Jennifer, you know it is your job as the cool aunt to ensure hat Lilie grows up loving horses, much to the chagrin of her parent's wallets!

    I have a couple of friends with new babies, and they already have mini Breyer collections, each. No girl child in my vicinity shall know a childhood without Breyers!

    Dan looks like a total sweetie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work with Dan! So excited to see him on the blog, even if i'm a little late to the party. Glad you had fun in St. Louis. :D

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete