Thursday, October 17, 2013

Boots & pieces

Seth is out of town this week, attending a conference in North Carolina.  I miss him, of course, but his absence has allowed me some extra studio time.  Here's a look at some of the things I've made this week.

Margaret's saddle order included lots of accessories, so my good karma Roxy has been pressed into service as a tackmaking model.  I probably didn't need her for the raised breastplate and running martingale attachment...
but I'm very glad she was here for the boot fitting.  I'd have never guessed her legs were that thick!
I also made a girth for Margaret... 
and a breastcollar for Lady Liberty.  Eventually there will be silver plates on the shoulder pieces.  

Last but not least, I finished stitching the saddle blanket I've been picking at for more than a month.  Like Lady Liberty's breastcollar, this still needs a little work.  As usual, I'm much better at finishing commission tack than personal tack.  My projects often linger in a half finished state for weeks on end!
None of these things are terribly exciting, but they still represent a significant amount of studio time.  I'm pleased with my week's work, and look forward to getting even more tack finished before Seth comes home tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. In North Carolina? Wow, my favorite tackmaker is coming to my state! Haha! :)

    I love Lady Liberty's breastcollar so far, it looks fantastic! And that Roxy is adorable, I'm glad she can be a boot model for you :)

    Adair

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband, not me. Unfortunately. I love North Carolina. I used to go there a lot, back in my horse show days. We went to Raleigh the most, but also Asheville and Blowing Rock. Beautiful country and good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, we'll I hope Seth has/had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blanket! It is inspiring for me... I've got a saddle blanket I've been dinking on since March!

    ReplyDelete