Thursday, October 10, 2013

Opening ceremony

I didn't go the barn this morning because I wanted to be here when the mailman delivered my newest Purdy horse.  Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long.  Oh, how I love a morning delivery!

Since Darcy was almost as excited as I was, I let her help me open the box.
It's been a long time since I received a Purdy horse in the mail so I took my time and savored every moment of the de-boxing process. 
I love all the Purdy packaging...
but the note from Lady Liberty was the best part of the opening ceremony. 
Ok, make that the second best part...  
This is my newest Purdy horse.  Her name is Lady Liberty, and  is a flat shod Tennessee Walking Horse mare made from a Breyer Clock Horse body and a Keltic Salinero head.  She is a former NAN champion, and is absolute perfection from every angle.
Of course, no opening ceremony is complete without a photo session...
and a little bit of dress-up...
and the compilation of a new horse performance wish list. 
(In Lady Liberty's case, the wish list includes a pleasure harness, a Western breastplate, a pink Western saddle blanket, a new Western pleasure doll dressed in pink and brown, a TWH bridle and a new saddleseat doll also dressed in pink.  That's do-able, right?)
Thank you again, Tiffany! I just love Lady Liberty!

12 comments:

  1. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! She looks AMAZING in her Purdy bridle too. ^.^

    You don't know how blessed you are to have friends like Tiff! :)

    Can't wait to see her new tack...soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing mare! Congradulations on your new Purdy masterpiece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I've always thought Lady was such a lovely model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! She is SO beautiful! MUCHO KUDOS Misstress Tiffany! Jennifer, you are very lucky! You'll have a real blast showing this lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is gorgeous! Congrats on adding such a pretty girl to your herd. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gahhhh, I'm normally not a fan of gaited horses but, well...daaaaamn. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her!!! She is one of the prettiest models I have yet seen. Good for you, Mrs. Jennifer!

    ~Alyssa

    P.S. I have been changing my profile pictures, so that is why I have another picture up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Congrats! I really, really like Lady Liberty. I remember her from NAN 2012, where I judged her and placed her first! Don't forget....she was also NAN Reserve Champion that year ;)
    http://www.namhsa.org/results/2012/results/5008.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for the reminder! I'd totally forgotten she had another National Title to her name. What a good girl!

      :)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!!!! I have seen this beauty many times and loved her every single one of them. I certainly don't consider her to be in her "golden years" yet (but then again, Tiffany is such a productive artist, that I still consider pieces that I painted two years ago to be "brand new" so I can understand what "Lady Liberty" was saying in her note). Good luck to you with her! She is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you sell her? I'm trying to increase my breyer collection I looked all over the web to find her but just cant locate one I have one other breyer and would love to include her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I never sell my Purdy horses, especially not those who were given to me as a gift. Lady Liberty is here to stay.

    :)

    ReplyDelete