Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Collection pictures

Earlier this year, I decided to photo-document my entire custom and resin collection.
Alyosha, Mel Miller Fly By Wire resin customized by Jennifer Buxton
and Tiffany Purdy and painted by Tiffany Purdy
I have a lot of models, many of which are too long to fit in my light box. 
Bangles, Brigitte Eberl Shirley resin painted by Chris Flint
It's taken me a lot of time and effort to get good pictures of everybody, but I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Beau By U, Breyer Cigar customized and painted by Chris Flint
The main motivation behind this project is pride of ownership. 
Broadway Eddie, Breyer San Domingo with Adios head customized by 
an unknown artist and Jennifer Buxton and painted by Emma Loofbourrow
I have a small, busy house.  There aren't a lot of places where I can safely display fragile and expensive models.  
Ginseng, Karen Gerhardt Vigil resin painted by Karen Gerhardt
As a result, most of my horse live in boxes most of the time.
Hoodwinked, Lakeshore Collection Marshall painted by Mandy Hood
My photo gallery allows me to visit my models and share them with other hobbyists the world over. 
Khemotigre, Ed Bogucki Aashiq resin painted by Tiffany Purdy
Both these things make me very happy! 
Melekush, Breyer Halla customized and painted by Jennifer Read
On a more practical note, I think there's real value in documenting and large and valuable collection. 
Oliver, BFA Thoroughbred painted by Lisa Shepherd
I am planning to live forever, but in case I don't, I want my collection to benefit rather than burden my family.
Templeton, Breyer running foal customized and painted by Charlotte Donahue
Good, clear photos with complete artist information can only help to streamline the dispersal process.
Tingeling, Breyer Misty's Twilight with Pacer head customized and painted by Cindy Evans
On a related note, I'm also uploading many of these pictures to the Equine Resin Directory.  This is one of my favorite online resources and I strongly encourage others to upload their collection photos to that site as well.

11 comments:

  1. So that's what Fly by Wire looks like! like Valinor, a little... I love the breadth here. I too am struggling with how to display (in my case) tack. This is a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyosha's had a lot of work done, so he doesn't look like a typical Fly By Wire. He's smallish traditional in scale.

      Delete
  2. Just a little heads up, Chris Nandell is now Chris Flint. I don't know if you already knew, but I wanted to tell you that. Wonderful collection you have, Mrs. Buxton!

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's funny--I wrote "Flint" on Bangles' picture and "Nandell" on Beau's. I know it's Flint now, but obviously my brain and hands don't always communicate.

      Also--I'm old enough to remember when she was Chris Cook!

      Delete
  3. I like seeing parts and pieces of your collection that don't get out much... I know I've seen a ton of it but not everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you, I have a lot of horses, including some that almost never go to shows!

      That said, every horse in this post has been to at least one show, and I'm pretty sure that all of them except poor Ginseng have at least one NAN card.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Templeton is the cutest little colt ever! With his little fuzzy feet and that heart-shaped spot, <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, Oliver is SO cute! What do you show him as? He looks a lot more ponyish than TB. (and obviously couldn't be one with that colour anyway, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me and my pony love. There's no way Oliver was going to be anything but a pony! I have him listed as a British Spotted Pony. Admittedly, I've never seen a real BSP in the flesh, but it seemed like the best choice for him.

      :)

      Delete
  6. What the heck is the matter with "poor Ginseng???" He's one of my favorite. My MOST favorite here, though, is Hoodwinked.*drool* Boy, do I love him... what a gorgeous model, especially the braids. The pinto colors are awesome, but If he was painted dapple grey you would have to watch out because he might go missing... ;-)

    ReplyDelete