Saturday, October 26, 2013

When it rains...

Early yesterday morning, my husband woke me up and asked, "Can you hear the water running?"  I said that I could, and he told me that he'd checked every faucet in the house and nothing was leaking.  He went outside and discovered that our front yard was a big, soggy mess.
Three years ago we had a tree growing on top of our waste water line.  We removed it, fixed the line and have had no trouble since.  However, the recent floods turned the entire center of our yard into a major sink hole.  We knew that wasn't a good thing, but why, oh why did it have to fail this week?!

Seth immediately went to work, contacting plumbers and getting estimates.  Meanwhile, I went inside and had myself a good cry.  Later, when I was feeling a bit better, Ryan and I went outside to survey the damage.
And then--since it's better to laugh than cry--we decided to have a little fun playing with our new water hazard. 
Salinero had a great time passaging through the stream. 
Newsworthy is much less brave.  He took one look at the giant water snakes... 
and decided to spend his time jumping from bank to bank!
In the past two weeks, my family has endured a broken stove top, a broken collar bone and a broken water pipe.  I really hope these things come in threes, because I'm not sure I can handle anything else!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, the Breyers having fun outside is just TOO CUTE! :)

    I'm glad you're feeling well enough to go outside. And Ryan looks so big now!

    I wish you luck with fixing that pipe-thing-problem again. And I went SQUEE when I saw your Newsworthy, because I'm getting one in the mail any day now and that just reminded me of my happiness all over again! Thanks for brightening my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do good lemons to lemonade. Very cute. Hope it is fixed and not too costly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having such a terrible week. I hope everything's over now and dramatically improves from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jenn, you really have had far more than your fair share of broken things this week. I had to laugh at your pony play though. You're right though, better to laugh than cry. I hope everything gets sorted soon. Maybe next you can get a bunch of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I love what you did with the models, though. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry everything is so shittastic (for lack of a better word) at the moment. It'll get better!

    ReplyDelete