Monday, August 26, 2013

Not keeping secrets

Every now and then I'll have a customer ask that I not post photos of their tack order on my blog.  That's their prerogative, of course, but I have to admit that it's kind of painful for me.  Sharing pictures of my work--both in progress shots and formal portraits of the finished product--is a huge part of my creative process.  It feels constricting to not have that freedom.

This saddle was supposed to be a secret, not because the customer requested that but because I wanted it to be a surprise.  Now that it's done, however, I find that I am bursting with the need to show it off.  Hope you don't mind the spoiler, Anne--this is your free saddle!
I always try to make sure that my saddles fit rider dolls as well as they fit model horses.  Since Anne is a doll maker, it's doubly important that this one works well with the Breyer rider.
I held my breath a bit as I wrapped the pommels around my rider's legs...
Hurray!  It's a perfect fit!
In fact, it turns out that she's so securely attached to the saddle... 
it's darn near impossible for her to fall out of it! 
Hope you like it, Anne, and thanks again for your endless patience!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I am so very super excited by this!!! When you said you knew what you were going to make for me because you knew what I needed I was SO hoping it would be a side saddle but wouldn't ask for one. Woohoo! Thank you so very very much!I can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous :). Awesome Jennifer and congrats Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Lucky Anne!!
    Amazing saddle Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to ride sidesaddle. I need dolly legs, LOL.

    On a serious note that is a fantastic set up. Best I've ever seen, they look like they belong together. Congrats to you and Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much is ur tack jennifer



    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not taking orders until all the backlog is finished. After that, I plan to take a good hard look at my prices. Because of this, I hate to quote any hard and fast prices at this time. However, I will say that as of this moment, most English saddles run about $250 and most English bridles fall in the $75 to $100 price range.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete