I finished assembling Jane's saddle today.Jane is a doll maker, so I know this saddle will be used with a rider doll.
It is surprisingly difficult to build a model sized saddle that looks good and fits the Breyer rider doll well. After years of small adjustments, I think I've finally found a good balance between these two somewhat contradictory goals.
I am especially pleased with the way the doll's leg rests evenly against the saddle...
with only minor gaps behind the knees.
I still think my saddles could be a bit prettier, but I'm working on that, too. I'm pretty sure the solution will come one small adjustment at a time. That's how things go for this particular model tackmaker.