Saturday, August 31, 2013

Antique store find

I pass this antique mall several times each week.
 
Usually I drive right by, but yesterday I decided to go in and spend some time walking up and down the aisles...
looking for horse shaped objects... 
and tack!
I headed down to the "horse room" in the basement first. 
This booth has all sorts of horsey offerings, including bits, 
books, 
and models.
I was sorely tempted by this five dollar Hartland...
but in the end, the only horse than came home with me was this funky Italian pony. 
On his own, he's nothing to get excited about. 
His cart, however, is awesome!
It's dirty and battered and I need to alter the shafts, but oh, the potential! 
It won't ever rival Deb Omel's amazing Sicilian donkey cart, of course, but I think I will be able to turn this antique store find into a pretty cool performance entry!

13 comments:

  1. Awsome cart please check the other post for my question


    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cart! I'm sure Ichabod would love to have some tack to with it! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that you know Ichabod's name. He will definitely get a fun harness similar (but far superior) to the one that came with the cart!

      Delete
    2. Ah yes, I am a big fan of Donkeys, and I saw your other post about him while browsing "Hobby Nostalgia".

      Yes, I'm positive you could make a MUCH better harness for him!

      Delete
  3. I know,right awsome Ichadbods name is awsome and cute



    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me but you need to go right back there and get me that Hartland. If you knew how long I have been looking for one of those with a reasonable price you'd do it right now, LOL.

    Then let me know what I owe you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to get him for you if you're serious. It was hard for me to leave him there, so I really do not mind. The antique mall is just a couple miles from my house, so it's not a problem at all.

      Delete
    2. Oh I am serious. Just let me know. I'd really appreciate it and if you want me to PP you ahead of time just holler.

      Delete
  5. The funny part is that of all the photos you posted, the cart is probably the *last* item I would have left the antique store with.

    Just goes to show how different each person's eye is when it comes to imagination and what can be done with something.
    I can't wait to see what you accomplish with your cart treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hartland is cute Check out the other post for,my answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, nice find! I never manage to find anything interesting at our local charity/antique shops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right ive never see any horses at antiqe shops


    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, this is a great collection of antique furniture. Suitable for any homes.

      Delete