Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Almost wordless Wednesday

You've probably noticed that this blog has not been updated in nearly a week.  Here's the scoop:  Last Thursday, my family and I flew to California to spend a few days with my parents.  We had a great trip, right up until it was time to come home.  That's when the wheels came off the bus (or, more accurately, the wings came off the plane!)  It's a very long story, and one that is familiar to everyone who reads my Facebook feed.  Suffice it to say, Seth and James are now safely home in Colorado, but Ryan and I have taken up residence in the Los Angeles International Airport.  We're past the twenty four hour mark now with no end in sight.

I got about twenty minutes sleep last night so this as much post as I can possibly write.  Here's the pictorial recap, minus the much anticipated happy ending.  Enjoy!
Airplanes!
Night hike!
Swimming pool!
Plants!
Art!
Science!
Day hike!
Horses!  So far away...
Waterfall!
Loaner dog...
and grandparents!
Beach!
Waves!
Birds!
Boardwalk!
Buskers!
Breyer sighting!
Kitten!
Flowers!
Smog!
Traffic!
More traffic!
Waiting!
More waiting!
Boarding passes!  Just two...
Indoor camping!  Will we ever go home?

8 comments:

  1. WOW Jen! You poor thing, must be miserable stuck in an airport. :(
    Best of luck getting out!

    Such GREAT photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... Jennifer. I cannot BELIEVE you are still stuck in LAX! I haven't checked FB lately (but am about to) and I surely hope you posted that you were boarding a plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still here. We bought two new tickets, ran across the airport to a different terminal, went through security again, walked to the gate, sat down and saw our new flight is delayed. I have no words....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're stuck any longer and need anything, let me know. I live close to LAX. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry!!! I wouldn't like to be in your shoes right now. Are you still at the airport?? Or are you now home?

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer! I've been a big fan of your blog for a while, and I finally got an account so now I can comment! Yay! :-)
    (I'm going to unintentionally spam you with comments, sorry)
    But I'd just like to let you know I'm a huge fan of yours! Your work is amazing, and also, Ryan is getting so big! I LOVE the beach pictures. Keep up your amazing tack making and photogoraphy! :)
    Adair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never apologize for over-commenting. Bloggers love comments, and nothing is more depressing than a comment-free post!

      Delete
    2. Well I'm glad! :D
      And thanks for replying, some bloggers I know ignore all comments. (Not mentioning any names XD)

      Delete