Thursday, August 15, 2013

I need a vacation...

to recover from that vacation!

It took thirty six long hours for Ryan and I to travel from my parents' house in Altadena, California to our home in Aurora, Colorado.  It would have been even longer, but we ended up buying tickets on another airline.  Big thanks to my parents for their help with that.  We really did not want to spend another night in the airport!
It's been a couple decades since my last all-nighter, and I'm feeling pretty beat up today.  In a perfect world, I would have spent the day at home, preferably in bed.  Unfortunately, there's no rest for the weary.  James had his middle school orientation bright and early this morning, and I've spent the rest of the day catching up on errands and family stuff.  I even managed to find a little bit of energy for working on Alicia's surcingle set.
Despite the travel woes, that was a fun trip.  Now, I'm looking forward to the beginning of school and my new fall schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Poor kid... glad you're home safe. So glad your parents are able to help out. I'm amazed you would find time to make tack after all that. I'd be hors de combat.

    ReplyDelete