Sunday, August 18, 2013

Last day

Today is the last day of the kids' summer vacation.  

We started the morning going in different directions.  I went to the barn and rode Rev.
Ryan got all dressed up and went to his friend Hannah's Bat Mitzvah.   
 I'm not sure what Seth and James did, but I'd sure it was exciting.  

Or maybe not.  

Once we were all home again, James asked if we could do something together as a family to celebrate the last day of vacation.  He suggested bowling.  That sounded like a good idea, so that's what we did.
Surprisingly, I bowled really well! 
Unfortunately, my prowess on the lanes didn't extend to the seating area.  I had the worst time deciphering this sign.   All I could think of when I saw the word "Appyness" was, "Where are the spots?"
Anyway... school starts tomorrow and for the first time in a long time, I will be back to full-time tackmaking.  Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, School starts earlier there, than here in Western New York.

    I don't have any kids but I know our classes don't start for another two and a half weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bowling score!!! Is it bittersweet to have school start again?? Mine has started, and oh I really don't like high school.

    ~Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m glad you found some recreation time after the turmoil of the homeward journey. Sounds like an enjoyable day for everybody. Like you my first thougt went to the horses when I read "Appyness" but I soon realized that there is no connection to them. I`m looking forward to the outcomes of your tackmaking time!

    Best wishes,

    Doreen from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am agog at your bowling score: I myself am lucky to break 90! WOW! I guess if this horseback riding thing doesn't work out, you can take up another sport and be competitive. :-)

    ReplyDelete