Sunday, August 25, 2013

Better late than never

Yesterday wasn't supposed to be a no post day.  In fact, I'd planned a simple, single photo entry entitled, "U-Turn's halter."  
Unfortunately, things didn't go according to plan.  The halter took a lot longer to make than I'd anticipated.  By the time it was finished, the sun had long since set.  I like to use natural lighting for all my photos, so I decided it would have to wait until the morning.

Except...  I already had other plans for the morning.
The weather has turned hot again, so if you want to ride it's best to go early.
The trails were filled with smart riders beating the heat. 
It was nearly noon before we headed home...
and wouldn't you know, by the time I got around to taking that picture, the best light had passed.
I set up some lights and did the best I could.  These photos aren't great, but I guess they're good enough.  At least you can see that shaped browband that took so long to make.
I've already got a good idea for tomorrow's post, but I can't promise it will to fruition.  I seem to be more distracted than usual lately.  There might be a lot of "better late than never" posts until I settle back into a good school year routine.

13 comments:

  1. Can you do a tutorial on that bridle..what kind of phone do u have cause u can get a YouTube account and post videos.i might get a youtube account.P.S I found shopie lightfoots youtube account just type in her name..I want to be you when I grow up but I also want to be a vet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that a lot of people like video tutorials, but I am not one of them. I much prefer a words and photos type lesson, which is why I write a blog rather than publish videos!

    If you look back over my old tack tips articles, you will find most of what you need to make this halter. In particular, I would recommend the preparing lace, keepers and buckles tutorials. The browband and noseband are painted and sealed leather with rolled edges made from skiver. The construction itself is pretty straightforward, but it's tricky to get it to look this nice and neat. I've been making tack a long, LONG time and I still spent several hours on that browband alone!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've made little saddle with Velcro before but I really want to do what u do..I wish I could ride my horse he's not broke to ride

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the girl who posted the first comment um my name is rebekah and I was wandering if u know um every Time I post a comment I will post my name a the bottom and u will know who u are talking too...;):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it when people sign their comments. It makes it much easier for me to have a conversation with someone if I know their name!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty halter. I like the use of blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nichelle! I'm not usually a light blue kind of person, but it seems to be my color of choice for blue eyed models. :)

      Delete
  6. I know right how much is your tack


    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just started a blog, why?? Cause I love your blog and you inspired me to tack make!! Ill be posting tack photos soon, can you check them out? (By the way I work in stable mate scale)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also why don't you do tack tips anymore??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at your blog, but unfortunately, none of your photos would load. Don't know if the problem is on my side or yours, but you might want to check that.

      I wrote a tack tips earlier this summer and also posted a really good guest blogger tutorial so I wouldn't say that I'm not writing them anymore. However, they are a LOT of work, so they're never going to be an every day occurrence. Sorry!

      Delete
  9. Sorry school started can't talk love blog ur the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps I'm rebekah sorry

    ReplyDelete