Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy surprise

The mailman delivered a horse sized box today, which was unexpected because I haven't bought a new horse in a long time.  At first I thought it might be a mistake, but then I found this card which explained everything.
What a surprise!  I was vaguely aware of MEPSA's judge's prize drawing, but I never thought I'd win it.   In fact, it's been so long since I judged a MEPSA show, I'm not sure I even realized I was entered!
The new horse is a Breyer Rejoice customized to a pinto gelding by Yvonne Stevens.
He has one blue eye and a funny white marking on his left cheek.  I haven't been able to think of a good name for him yet, so suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone at MEPSA for this happy surprise.  Perhaps this is a sign that I need to renew my involvement with photo showing!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like a lightning strike! (We've been having some activity down this way lately)

    Stormy Surprise
    Lightning Shock
    Imashocker
    Cantshockthis
    Shock n Awe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Trotter
    The Boy Who Lived both come to mind from the lightning mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use some of that sort of unexpected mail... I keep getting bills and mail for what we think are previous occupants...

    No name suggestions yet... I have a horse I still haven't named that I picked up two shows ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and state that I think this is the kind of unexpected mail everyone who reads this blog (except my Mom!) would like to receive! Much better than bills and stuff.

    I kind of like the name Harry Trotter, but I'm not attached to it yet. I definitely think he wants a pop culture type name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Summer Love? It's a One Direction song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gratulations!
    cathsmodelhorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dakota
    Prowler
    Caspian
    Sysco

    What do you think??

    ReplyDelete
  8. The marking on his cheek looks like a U-Turn signal but that's not quite a fancy show name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U-Turn! I kind of like it. Hmmmmm....

      Delete
    2. Ha, glad you like it! I'm usually terrible at original names, but I couldn't get that marking out of my head.

      Delete
  9. Wow! What a pleasant surprise!

    Ohh! I like Harry Trotter!
    Or:

    Heza Funny Face
    Flirtin' Ina Storm
    Struting My Stuff
    Dancing Mr. Darcy
    Pleasant Surprise

    So random. xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Storm Front
    Storm Warning
    Radioactive
    All Systems Go

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive Color Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kurzon
    Brass N Sassy
    Lika Charmer
    Strictly Confidential

    ReplyDelete