Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shannon's WEG pictures

Today I am very pleased to share photos of the completed Breyer dioramas on display at the World Equestrian Games currently underway at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky.  Many thanks to hobbyist Shannon de Waal for allowing me to post her pictures here.
The reining diorama features a customized Breyer Alborozo by Lori Daniels.  He is wearing a tack set by Kirsteen Haley and his rider was dressed by Joan Yount.
Terry Heath, Kelly Martin, Linda Shepherd, Martina Vanelli and Robin Briscoe built the props and diorama...
and Darla Curtis dressed the judge and scribe dolls.
This eventing features a magnificent jump created by the mother/daughter duo of Kathi and Kim Haymond...
as well as a one of a kind original finish Breyer Flash.  Joan Yount dressed the doll and Pat Coulter made the tack.
A close up of Pat's lovely bridle.  Unfortunately poor Flash is having a bit of a wardrobe malfunction with that martingale.  I sure hope someone from Breyer fixes that soon!
Last but certainly not least is this amazing four in hand combined driving diorama.  It features a marathon cart by Bill Duncan and four one of a kind original finish Breyers. 
Robin Briscoe made the tack and Anne Field dressed the dolls.
The build team for this diorma included Terry Heath, Kelly Martin, Linda Shepherd, Martina Vanelli and Robin Briscoe.
Caught in the act!  Hobbyist Heather Jackson-Lain attempts to make off with the four in hand diorama.  I can't say that I blame her.  That would look really nice in my living room!
Although there are six dioramas, only these three are viewable by the general public.  The other three--"mine" included--are located in the Media Center.  I have to admit that I find that a bit disappointing, but perhaps they'll be rotated partway though the Games?  One can always hope.

Thanks again to Shannon de Waal for allowing me to use her photos!

5 comments:

  1. Seeing these displays all put together is just awe-inspiring! The water splashes and kicked up dirt is all so well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see these! I have just one, not so super photo of the marathon team of dolls and this is just...amazing! I really do hope they rotate out the other dioramas at some point. We need to see them all. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these really showcase the downright AWESOMENESS of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop staring! Everything is just WOW! Sorry yours are tucked away, maybe Robin or someone can rotate them. I worked the media center at the 2008 Olympics, so know you'll get plenty of attention from the media there, but there is no public access whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only good thing about having them in the Media Center is perhaps we'll be treated to a lot of professional photos after the journalists go home and magazine coverage of the Games begins. If anyone here sees pictures of any of dioramas in a print publication, I hope you will let me know!~

    ReplyDelete