Tuesday, September 14, 2010

RMR performance

As it turned out, Teresa and I were the only people showing performance at the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous live show. This might lead you to believe that we enjoyed a leisurely stroll through the classlist. Nothing could be further from the truth. Instead, this became an exercise in speed tacking. There were seventeen classes in the division and I competed in all but one of them. In twelve of those classes, I showed two models. Somehow, we managed to finish the division before lunch time. It was tack one, tack the other, put both on the table, take them off the table and start all over. I barely had time to breathe let alone think!

Harness was first and White Trash Girl was the only entrant. Not surprisingly, she won the blue!
I skipped the Arabian/Native American Costume class so Parade was next. I really liked the way Trashy's Street Parade entry turned out...
but judge Sandy Lyles liked Emma's costume just a bit better.
Trashy earned another second place with this Other Performance entry.Emma won the Other Performance class with her Endurance entry.
Two blues were good enough to earn Emma the title of Other Performance Reserve Champion.
Trashy won the Scene class with this school horse set-up and went on to be named Other Performance Champion.The first class in the English Performance division was Eventing/Racing/Steeplechase. Trashy's start box entry looked great and won first place.
Poor Emma was plagued with boot issues. The show hall was cold and nothing wanted to stick. Bits fell out of mouths, reins fell out of hands and the closures on Emma's boots wouldn't stay closed. Oh well. Live and learn. Next year I will bring only buckle boots to RMR.
The next class was Hunter/Jumper, and once again Trashy claimed the top spot.
Emma was third out of three, but don't feel sorry for her.
She came back strong to win three of the next four classes including the Other English...
and English Trail.The division ended with Dressage. Trashy's Intro Level test was third...
And Emma was the class winner.
Trashy and her ribbons on the callback table. It's a pretty nice haul, but not quite nice enough!
Teresa's iApp was the English Reserve Champion...
and Emma was the English Champion.
I was really tired by the time the Western division rolled around, and I all but stopped taking pictures. You can see both my trail entries here. I'm not positive, but I think Emma's pole entry placed second and Trashy's cowboy curtain was third.
Trashy tried, but it just wasn't her day as far as Western performance goes. Fortunately, that one red ribbon was all she needed. She's now qualified to show in all three performance divisions at NAN 2011.
Emma, on the other hand, is a performance machine. This mold looks great under saddle and is so easy to set up in a variety of events. If you're looking for an all around performance contender, you can't go wrong with a Jasmine resin. Emma won another rosette in the Western division and was named Overall Performance Champion.
Although I look a bit dazed and confused in the picture, I was really happy to win a glossy trophy model.
Stay tuned for still more RMR photos!

7 comments:

  1. I just adore your Stage Mom entries! She looks fantastic - can't wait to do more with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kellye! The foal inspection set-up wouldn't have turned out nearly as nice without your input. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad that you had to rush through the tack changes. You should have been able to take your time if there weren't many competing. Emma does look great in her entries though! No surprise there that she was a big winner!

    Nice prizes, too! I could go for a good candy bar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was actually a good reason for the rushing. RMR isn't like the other shows and one of its peculiarities is that everyone has to be out of the show hall before 4 pm. Additionally, the hall is small so there aren't a bunch of show tables. We had to finish performance so that the China showers had a place to compete!

    I can't say I enjoyed the rushing but it was good practice. If I do go to NAN, I'll probably bring too many performance horses so it's best that I get used to speed tacking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!! And congratulations Emma! I really like her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah - we had to rush cuz I had to judge those china classes! And it really wasn't that bad of a rush - it just *feels* like it.

    You forgot to mention the table "oddities" too Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This helped me alot in thinking of things I can do with my Stage Mom model!

    ReplyDelete