Monday, February 20, 2017

Blast from the past

Almost six years ago, I leased a Welsh Cob dressage pony named Trillium.
At the time, Trilli lived at Big Iron Ranch in Watkins, Colorado. 
She shared her field with a pinto draft cross named Samson.
and I loved Samson.
He was such a big, sweet guy. It was impossible not to love him.
I took almost as many pictures of Samson as I did of Trilli,
and his pattern was the inspiration for Roundapony's.
photo and finishwork by Jennifer Scott
Samson left Big Iron Ranch shortly before Trillium and I did. I was really sad to see him go, but over time, I mostly forgot about him.
Until today.
Ryan and I celebrated Presidents Day with a trip to off leash area at Cherry Creek State Park.
 We walked out along the creek...
and came back through the field.
There is a stable that shares a fence line with the dog park. 
I always look at the horses as I walk past, but this my eye was immediately drawn to a familiar looking pinto.
It was Samson! 
I recognized him immediately, and even though he did not acknowledge my presence, I was really happy to see him again.
This was a fun ending to an already good outing. I'm so glad I took a little time off from painting to go to the dog park today!

6 comments:

  1. Yay Samson! I always thought he was such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar thing happen. I rode a Quarter Horse Gelding named Max at one barn and then six years later rode him again at another barn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you leased her 6 years ago already. How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be six years this summer. In some ways it seems like yesterday. In others, it's a lifetime ago.

      :)

      Delete