Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday favorites

As of this morning, there are sixty six finished horses in the NaMoPaiMo "I Did It!" album, all of which are uniquely wonderful and fully deserving of the NaMoPaiMo Winner title.
That said, there are a few standouts.
I absolutely love this Breyer Bobby Jo painted by Austin DeShields. He used an airbrush, pigments and pencils to create this soft yet detailed bay roan.
Austin says this horse will be offered for sale. I don't know the details and I probably can't afford her, but I would not mind having this face on my shelf!
The next notable model is an Eberl Komet painted by Polish artist, Ela Zarzecka of Metalfish Art
 Ela has shared every step of this model's creation,
and I have fallen in love with his beautiful face... 
and perfectly rendered details. 
Komet is currently listed on Model Horse $ales Pages. Check out his ad, if you're looking for a top notch Warmblood to add to your resin show string!
 Next up is Nikki Button's tiny Zug resin.
I have to admit, my initial attachment to this piece had as much to do with Nikki's dogs...
as it did to the resin itself. 
After all, I like my resins big... and this one fits neatly into the palm of your hand! 
 Still, now that I've seen the finished piece, I almost don't care about his diminutive size.
Just look at that squishy pink nose! It needs kissing.
Zug is also listed on MH$P. You can view his ad here.
It's a close race, but this next horse is probably my favorite Favorite.
This is a Kitty Cantrell Wahoo resin painted to this amazing Appaloosa by Mindy Berg
I love every single thing about this horse. 
He reminds me of the old time Appaloosas of my youth... 
especially in this photo! 
Mindy does this professionally, so I expect this model will also come up for sale at some point. Please do not tell me when that happens. I know I won't be able to afford him, and he's the sort of horse for which I would commit crimes. Kidding/not kidding.
Congratulations, Austin, Ela, Nikki and Mindy! Your work is inspiring, and you are the NaMoPaiMo Champions of the Day!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your choices. Those are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG If I didn't know, I would swear that Komet's leg/hoof was that of a real live flesh & blood horse.
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so honored! Thank you Jennifer :D

    ReplyDelete