Saturday, February 25, 2017

NaMoPaiMo day twenty five

I did go riding today.
It was a typical Colorado winter day with cold temperatures and bright sunshine. Sprite felt great, and I was happy to be out there sharing the day with her.
As much as I enjoyed the ride, however, I never really stopped thinking about painting. Sprite's little bay ears were a constant reminder of the color I wanted for Aggie, but had not achieved.
After the ride, I spent some time with Karen and Bob, and again, I found myself mentally comparing shades of bay. I thought to myself, "I am never going to be happy with that Aggie!"...
so I went home and did this. I'm not sure if I fixed her or wrecked her, but either way, I have no regrets. I had to do something.
And, you know, at least I didn't cut her head off!
photo by Sara Gifford
February is a short month, but it kind of feels like I've been working on this horse forever. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll finish her body color. Then it's on to markings and details. Can I get this done by Tuesday night? Only time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. Well personally I think the extra shading what just what she needed!! She looks great!!! I don't think you "wrecked" her in the least! Much luck wished on finishing her before Tue night. ...Those decorations take forEVER to paint. Hope you have a tiny/fine brush in your arsenal! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a couple tiny brushes, so I am set as far as that goes. I kind of doubt she'll be 100% on March 1, but I think I can get her close. There's definitely an all nighter (or two!) in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! All night horse-painting party! ;) I really do think that she looks good!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome. I'll be wishing you luck; I think she's more interesting darker. I have an unfinished-on-purpose Aggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory must be failing me, I hadn't realized you had an Aggie! If anyone deserves one though, it is definitely YOU Susan!!

      Delete