Saturday, February 4, 2017

NaMoPaiMo day four

I could spend forever picking away at this medallion in a misguided and futile attempt to make it look like a Carol Williams piece. I'm not going to let myself do that, however. In the name of actually getting things done, I've decided it's good enough. I'm going to let the oils dry thoroughly. Then I will seal it and finish with acrylics.
I'm not the only one getting things done.
photo by Teresa Botkins
NaMoPaiMo participants the world over have been covering their models in paint...
photo by Julie Brooks
and pastels! 
photo by Christie Richardson
There's been a lot of talk about "ugly stages," but most of these models look beautiful already.
photo by Jen Johnson
Sigh. Pony love.
photo by Taylor Ouzts
NaMoPaiMo Champion of the Day is Emma Jezek, whose Pony Paint Studios hosted the first ever NaMoPaiMo painting party.
Pony Paint Studios is the only Breyer retailer in Upper Michigan. Ten lucky customers were given a chance to paint a free stablemate model. 
If the pictures are anything to go by, a good time was had by all...
and some of the ponies turned out pretty nice! 
Emma also finished a model of her. This is not her official NaMoPaiMo entry, but it's still pretty neat! 
Tomorrow, I will attend the hobby's second NaMoPaiMo painting party. Stay tuned for a full report!

No comments:

Post a Comment