Monday, March 21, 2016

Barn blues

Several people have asked for a progress report on my barn.
Carol and the barn in February
I'm sad to report that there has been no progress.
I worked on that barn every single day for at least two weeks. I filled and sanded and taped and painted. It was just beginning to come together... Then Ryan asked if his girlfriend could come over for a visit.
I told him that was fine, as long as he cleaned the house before she arrived. He interpreted that to mean, "Take the barn outside and stack it on the back porch."
Unfortunately, out of sight really is out of mind. The barn sat out there, gathering leaves, for almost a month. Eventually, I brought it back inside, but by then, I was knee deep in BreyerWest preparation. I stacked the pieces in the basement, and that's where they are today.
 They won't be there forever, though! Eventually, I will get back to work on my barn. I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about the barn.... it looks amazing! How many stalls does it have, and when are you going to put it together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barn looks great! Once it's done, though.... please have a photo shoot! I can just imagine Lady Liberty sticking her head out of a stall... Meeka standing with Pixel... The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have Lady Liberty, right?

      Delete