Sunday, March 20, 2016

Weekend warrior

Most horse people live for the weekends.
It's different for me. I ride other people's horses, so Saturday and Sunday are the days I'm least likely to have a mount. I can't complain about this. I know I am fortunate to ride as much as I do. Still, I miss going out on weekend rides with my friends.
Enter Chino.
This wonderful, reliable, fun gelding is kind of between owners. It's a complicated situation. His bills are being paid and he's not officially for sale, but no one is riding him. No one except me, that is.
I have ridden Chino almost every weekend for the last month or two.
I love going out with my friends...
and seeing the world... 
through Chino's cute little ears. 
He is such a good boy.
I know this won't last forever, but I am very happy to have Chino in my life right now. He is a most excellent trail partner and the best weekend horse I could ever hope for!

3 comments:

  1. Polly the HaflingerMarch 20, 2016 at 4:36 PM

    You should lease him, He's really cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. That works out! He's really cute :) I hear you on not having a mount on weekends to go out with friends. I hope you get to keep enjoying him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can lease him? You look good on him.

    I hope you had fun in Oregon this weekend. Are you going to have a blog post about it, I hope? Once you get settled down and back into the swing of things, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete