Sunday, January 17, 2016

Forty seven going on ten

I was browsing Craigslist last night and came upon an ad for two model horse barns.
The description read: Two toy wooden barns with fence and horses. Great condition. Smaller barn is by Melissa & Doug and the larger barn is by Breyer. My daughters loved these, but have out grown them. We are excited to sell them to another family who would get some play time out of them.
The price was extremely reasonable, and I've been wanting a barn for my photos. I emailed the seller to see if they were still available, and today Seth and I drove to Colorado Springs to pick them up.
The big barn barely fit in the car and is temporarily living in the garage while I clear some space for it. This one has some wear and tear and will need some work to get it back into shape.
The little barn is perfect.
As you can see, I couldn't wait to press into service. 
Today is not my birthday, but tomorrow is. I will be forty seven going on ten, sitting on the floor playing with my new barns.

20 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I always wanted a Breyer barn when I was little. And Happy Early Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I built a two stall barn for my Breyers when I was eleven out of scrap wood. It was definitely kid-done, but I loved it. Have eyed Breyer barns before and hope to find an affordable one some day. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Mine is this week but my barn is still being worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! Mine is this week but my barn is still being worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday tomorrow! Love those barns! I just picked up the same version of that Breyer barn today but mine has a natural wooden roof still. I must say that I'm always thankful to have the excuse, "It's for my 5 year old daughter," when I go to pick stuff up. Of course, my husband never believe's me so I HAVE to share!
    Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a similar barn. Glad you're enjoying yours.

    What did you use for the straw?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Congrats on the find! I always wanted a barn - still do. Nothing wrong with that at all. I like the saying, "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your saying! :)

      Delete
  8. Yay! Happy early birthday and welcome to the dark side! You have barns! You're going to fall in love with them, trust me. And remember, adults are just kids grown up after all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats gorgeous!

    What did you use for straw in the last pic? looks brilliantly in scale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!
    Awesome! I have the big barn but nowhere to set it up permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to have the smaller barn by Melissa and Doug, but it got so beat up I had to throw it out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that barn! It was one of my prized possessions as a child. I had begged, and begged for it for a long time. After many years of home made barns, I was beyond overjoyed to get it for Christmas one year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see what you do with the big barn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have one small Breyer barn. Would love one a bit larger.. I'm sorry I got rid of the one I created when I was much younger! So good to see another 40-something playing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mare and foal are adorable, they look so cute just wanna cuddle them haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. This barn is soooo cool. If I can't have a barn now (no space!) I think the next best thing is you having them so we can all enjoy your fantastic pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the barn talk, and love the honesty about your age.. I thought I was the only 40-something that enjoys photographing my ponies in and around mini scenery :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool! My dad built me one and it looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete