Sunday, March 27, 2016

The packaging class

There were four Original Finish Halter divisions at the BreyerWest Open Show: OF Regular Run Halter,
OF Mini Halter, 
OF Special Run Halter (sorry, no  picture) and Collectability/Limited Run Halter. 
My favorite of these is Collectability, and my favorite Collectability class is Vintage Models In/With Packaging.
These are the models--and boxes--of my childhood. Looking at them is like taking a trip down memory lane.
I remember sorting through pegs of Stablemates just like this, looking for exactly the right one.
And oh, how I wanted one of these! 
This gift set was on my Christmas list for many, many years. Eventually, I did get the horse, but the halter and box eluded me.
Here's something I did own, although mine came with a Quarter Horse stallion rather than a Seabiscuit. I probably still have the models somewhere, but sadly, the barn was thrown away decades ago.
What a fun class! I'm so glad there are collectors who keep their boxes and not just the models that came inside them! 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing takes me back so fast to my childhood as seeing those white picture boxes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd had more time to oogle all of these! Glad I can oogle via pictures at least. The Kipper is my favorite... I remember him being at the top of my want list as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. How can we forget those wonderful picture boxes? I wish I'd kept at least one, but we had no way of knowing they'd eventually be replaced by what we have today?

    ReplyDelete