Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 model year in review

In keeping with tradition, it's time for my yearly hobby recap. As usual, I'll begin with acquisitions.

2015 got off to a great start with the arrival of Snickers' foal, Speckles.
A few months later, I received a portrait model of one of my all time favorite horses, Regal Revenue. The real Rev died in November, making this model even more cherished.
Of course, no year is complete without a Purdy horse. Llwynog Copr was my only new Purdy this year, but boy, is he a good one.
Dexter arrived in October. My first Mel Miller horse, I still can't believe he's mine.
On one memorable day in November I received three separate hobby related boxes. One contained Champaign Toast...
another held the amazing Diestro
Technically speaking, Vigilante Justice had two separate arrival dates--one in August and another in December. A million thanks to Tiffany Purdy for making this beautiful boy whole!
Onto Original Finish models!
Although I don't actively collect these...
a few managed to find their way onto my shelves...
including a couple I haven't blogged about yet. Whoops!
I also added some new tack to my collection this year, most notably an Erin Corbett Western Pleasure saddle...
A smattering of dollsmini food and cats round out the year's acquisitions.  
That's a lot of really good stuff, and I am grateful for all of it. However, for me, 2015 was not a year about hobby stuff. Instead, it was a year about hobby people.
I was incredibly fortunate to spend a lot of time with my hobby friends this year.
New friends,
old friends,
near friends,
far friends,
and never forgotten friends.
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my 2015. I still love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment