Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dexter by design

A couple months ago, Erin listed a number of high quality models for sale, including this custom Idocus by Melanie Miller.
I have wanted a traditional scale piece by Mel for the longest time, and this is a good one. The price was reasonable, but sadly, my PayPal account was empty. I watched and waited, expecting to see him listed as "Sold."
It didn't happen. I waited a little more, and then I sent Erin a private message letting her know that her Idocus would be a really good harness bribe. She laughed and said, "Good to know."
 I thought that would be the end of it, but...
look what arrived in the mail yesterday! 
Woo hoo! Looks like I'll be making Erin a harness... and perhaps a few other things, as well! 
Thank you so much, Erin. I am so happy to finally have my own Melanie Miller horse. He was definitely worth the wait! 
P.S. This horse's original name was Dexter. For reasons known only to Erin, his name was changed to something I am not supposed to mention. Because I like my horses to have non weirdo names, he is Dexter once again.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect harness inspiration, I must say --! And I like the name Dexter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew a horse named Dexter when I was in high school. He was a former racetrack lead pony turned school horse and my favorite of all the horses in Roxanne's barn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Dexter. And two thumbs up to Erin! What a nice thing for her to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is stunning! Love the name as well. :D

    ReplyDelete