Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 model year in review

In a lot of ways, 2013 was a disappointing hobby year.  I only attended two shows, and I didn't get to show performance at all.  I didn't send any horses to NAN, and I didn't manage to clear my backlog.  In fact, since my accident, I've barely finished any tack at all.  

Fortunately, things were a lot brighter on the collecting front.  I added a number of nice resins and customs to my collection, starting with Tickled Pink.
He was followed by Queen B,
and the amazing Roundapony.
U-Turn was an unexpected surprise, 
as was Lady Liberty.
and Ocoee rounded out the year's new resins and custom acquisitions.
Even though I don't actively collect original finish plastic models, I added a few of those to my herd as well.  This one...
and this one were part of my Springamathing loot...
and this was a gift from my friend, Erin.
Every year, I resolve to paint some of the naked resins living in my basement.  This year, I managed to finish exactly one.  That's better than nothing, right?
Of course, no year end report is complete without mentioning new tack.  My biggest splurge of the year was my Evelyn Munday saddle.
However, I was just as pleased to receive several wonderful pieces of headgear by the immensely talented Danielle Hart,
as well as new rider dolls by Anne Field...
a long anticipated goat from Laura Skillern,
and some smaller items by Cristina Brown and Jana Skybova.
I'm sure I've forgotten a few things along the way, and I'm intentionally not mentioning new unpainted resins because I'm not supposed to be buying those anymore.  Still, there's enough here to make me feel very lucky.  This may not have been the best model year, but it was a very good model year, nonetheless.  Here's hoping for an even better 2014!

8 comments:

  1. And rescuing one Hartland Arabian stallion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's an excellent model year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an O.F. collector I envy you that Stone Morgan. That's a good haul! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me thinking... and I'm thinking the number 7 is right. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your link for Apparition points to Lady Liberty's post. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheesh--I need a fact (or link) checker!

    It's fixed now. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Is it me or is the Apparition link still wonky??

      Delete
    2. Ok, I fixed it again. Maybe this time I even fixed it for real...

      In the meantime, Evelyn, you just got a sneak peek at the content of today's post.

      Delete