Monday, November 9, 2015

Regal Revenue

I've ridden so many horses. Big horses and little horses. Baby horses and old horses. Horses straight from the kill pen and six figure hunters. It's been a life filled with horses, and I've enjoyed almost every one of them.

Still, a few shine brighter than the rest.
Regal Revenue was one of the brightest.
to our last...
Rev was always one of a kind.
He left hoof prints in my heart, a dent in my leg and a big scar across my collarbone. I have no regrets.
Last night I received a text from Rev's new family, letting me know that he'd broken a leg in a pasture accident earlier that day. It was not a reparable injury, so they made the sad decision to let him go. My heart breaks for the goofy red Arab and his girl, Grace.
My time with Rev was well documented on this blog, so I'm not going to rehash everything here. Instead, I'll leave you with some of my favorite Rev pictures. Godspeed, Regal Revenue. You will be sorely missed.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's clear to see that you loved him greatly, and I'm sure he knew it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, i'm so sorry! rip Rev :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear this. Rest in peace Rev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. I loved seeing his pretty face on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. I hate loosing any one, animal or human but for some reason it always bothers me the most when we loose a horse or a dog I loved. I wish you the best because it's hard to loose them. I hope you feel better soon, although as my trainer always said, "Sometimes you just gotta cry." There's so much sadness right now and I think everyone should do something to get happy.
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Rev was ons of a kind. This totally haplened at the wrong time. But be brave, im sure thats what Rev would want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This breaks my heart. My sympathies to all who were touched by the big, goofy guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear the news. What a wonderful life he had with you and with Grace. Those photos show the joy he had and that he gave. RIP, Rev.

    ReplyDelete