Monday, November 16, 2015

Diestro

When it rains, it pours. 

Hobby purchases have been few and far between this year, but last Thursday, the mailman brought me no less than three model horse related packages. The first two were pretty wonderful. The third was even more so.

Except, unfortunately, the best thing in the best box arrived in pieces.
Sigh. This is the second time this has happened to me this year.
It took me a couple days to repair the damage... 
but now I can finally present my newest resin, Diestro.
Diestro is a Brigitte Eberl Verrochio resin customized with new ears, mane and tail by Laura Skillern, who also painted him this lovely shade of dark bay.
This guy has been in progress for a long time, but I would have waited even longer for a resin of this caliber.
I love everything about him, but my favorite part is the little flippety bit in his mane!
Thank you so much, Laura. I couldn't be more pleased with my new boy!

3 comments:

  1. Does he have any connection to the new Valegro Breyer? Looks quite like him!

    Stunning model. Super jealous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a much older sculpt that Allegro, but it's the same artist and a similar pose. I'm not surprised you see a resemblance!

      Delete
  2. He is so beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete