Saturday, December 26, 2015

I want it

If, like me, you have Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, you're probably wondering how best to spend it. Should you roll the dice on the the newest Breyer Collector Club offer? Or would you be better off investing in that hot new resin everyone's excited about? And what about that talking George Morris doll? He's really cool, but is he one hundred dollars worth of cool?

I'm telling you: The struggle is real.

Fortunately, I have a new tool to aid me in my hobby purchasing. Behold the awesomeness of Leah Koerper's "I Want It" chart:
This chart was made by Leah for Erin and reflects Erin's hobby budget. The two hundred dollar price point could just as easily be twenty dollars or fifty dollars or even five hundred dollars depending on individual circumstances. 

Beyond that, the decision making logic is spot-on and universal. Thank you so much,  Leah, for this invaluable guide. You've already prevented at least one MH$P impulse buy. I really, really waaaaaaaanted that resin, but not enough to sell something of equal value and size, so I guess it wasn't meant to be!

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I do have a question though. Would a brand on a horse prevent it from showing well? Also, could a Breyer Alborozo show in jumping and harness classes? Thank you as always for your fantastic posts!
    -AHG488

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time a brand might hurt you is in halter, when the brand indicates a breed other than that which the model is being shown as. Even then, a lot of judges may not care, especially in the OF divisions.

    As for the second question... You *can* show your Alborozo in any performance class you want to. However, he's not an ideal prospect because he's not performing a specific gait. His pose is more of a spook than anything else. If you're extremely creative, you might be able to make it work. How well it will do depends on the competition.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, and totally just justified the CharArt tack set i bought, i am in love with it and it will look amazing on my Alborozo, Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this chart. Already prevented a possible buy. Not that I don't have things of equal value to sell, biut I don't need another unpainted resin, nor do I have room for one. My current ones just sitting on the shelf waiting for the quality of my paintwork to improve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, there are SO many things I waaaaant. I'll have to keep this handy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I'm glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete