Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Purdy Christmas

My holidays just got a little Purdy-er.
Among other things, my Christmas box from Tiffany contained two original finish Breyers. This one is for Liliana...
but this one is mine to keep. Old Timer is one of the few Chris Hess molds I've never owned. I always wanted one when I was a kid, but he was one of my best friend, Sarah's, horses. She and I generally tried to avoid duplicating each other's models so I did without... until now!
Because I've never had one, it took me a few tries to figure out the hat. 
I'm pretty sure this is right.
Because cats. 
There was also a gift from Erin. 
I've never owned a tiara either, so this also took a few tries to figure out. Don't I look Purdy? 
Purdy ridiculous anyway
Thank you so much, Tiffany!

5 comments:

  1. Is that a new Purdy horse you're holding in the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not technically a Purdy horse, but he does have a Purdy leg.

      :)

      Delete
  2. That Old Timer looks like a really nice piece - great dappling on it. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany bought a lot of really nice vintage Breyers from a friend of a friend. Erin got most of the "good" ones because she shows Collectability. This one came to me because new models are fun, and I've always wanted an Old Timer. He is awesome

      Delete
  3. Where have you gotten your kitties from? Do you like to get companions for your models somewhere/one particular?

    ReplyDelete