Thursday, May 1, 2014

Live show round-up, part five

The last stop on the April 26 live show tour is Tulsa, Oklahoma, home of the large double judged Tornado Alley Goes Hog Wild.  Janna Ragsdale attended this show and did such a wonderful job of photographing the performance classes, I have no choice but to split this report into multiple installments.  This post covers the Other Performance divisions.

Like Niki and Sara, Janna was showing a head down Paloose.  Pennyroyal is shown here winning both Other Performance classes.
This little mule should look familiar to most of my readers.
She belongs to propmaker extraordinaire, Kim Haymond, and is wearing a packing set I made earlier this year
Kim also showed two other models in this division.
I can't be certain, but I think they're both wearing BCS harnesses.
Here's another familiar face.
This is Sheila Bishop's Brio Sombra resin, Chevelle wearing a Native American costume by Linda Gilette.
Sheila was also showing this brand new and absolutely gorgeous Dos Brios...
in an equally gorgeous parade set by Vicky Norris.
This Marwari...
had his own tiger... 
and this Arabian... 
had his own camel! 
This adorable goat had a dog, but no horse and no NAN card.  Even if he had been won his class, NAN cards can't be awarded to non-equines.
 Kim's little Arab ended up winning the Other Performance Championship for both shows.
Janna's Pennyroyal was the double Reserve Champion.
Congratulations to both Kim and Janna, and thanks to Janna for allowing me to share her photos.  There are more to come!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of these, Jennifer! I'm really loving seeing all the photos from all the different shows. And yes, you are correct that both of those harnesses were created by you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my pictures! I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So if I were to do an entry for an in-hand hunter or an Irish Draught Breed Class entry, would I show those in the showmanship class, other English, other performance, etc?
    I was thinking that the in-hand hunter would be in other English and the breed class in other performance, but I haven't shown either of those yet, so I really don't know.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When in doubt, ask the judge. Different judges have different preferences, so that's always the safest way to go.

      Delete
    2. Alright, thanks! I kind of figured you'd say that, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask :)

      Delete
  4. I missed the photos of Picasso II! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete