Friday, May 2, 2014

Kinetic sand

Here's the newest must-have for everyone who likes to show their performance horses on a sand-filled base.
Kintetic Sand looks like regular sand...
but it feels like something else entirely.
Composed of 98% sand and 2% silicon based organic polymer, Kinetic Sand is a non sticky, non messy, non toxic and non drying type of sand with unique motion properties.  It oozes through your fingers like a slow moving liquid...
and can be formed into all sorts of shapes
In addition to being incredibly fun to play with, it also makes great, in-scale footing for model horses.
It holds impressions beautifully...
and its fine texture is gentle enough on your models and their bases.
I haven't really tried this out yet, but also I think it could be used to form large sprays of kickback for moving models
Best of all, it's not even a little bit messy.  The sand sticks to itself and nothing else, making clean-up a breeze.
Thanks to Sara for turning me on to this fun new toy.  I've always been a no-footing type of performance shower, but this just might convince me to change my ways!

18 comments:

  1. NEED. I wonder how long it keeps once you open it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will need to buy some for the boys, too. Ask me how I know.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had some of this right next to the register at Michaels. I couldn't keep my hands off of it, it was so addictive and weirdly soothing. I didn't even think of using it as a base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! I'll have to look for this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you are welcome Jen! Now my secret is out! I seriously love this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one that immediately saw the model horse potential for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a trial sample of this in my desk at work for a 6 months. It gets stiff but play with it a bit and it loosens up again. Great stress release for work. It comes in multiple colours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty neat, but it kind of creeps me out! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I must get some of this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!!!!!!!!!!!

      :)

      Delete
  10. Must fondle yours ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's what i've been looking for:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love breyer!
    I have over 40 breyers, from traditionals and classics to breyer reves!!!
    p.s. still collecting:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this on my desk at work and everyone that walks past has to spend a minute playing with "the sand". I brought it with my son to work and he played with it for hours but I kept it here so that didn't have to take it back and forth. Everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete