Sunday, May 25, 2014

Near perfect weekend

This was a near perfect weekend. 

was followed by a full day of showing at the Springamathing live show in Golden, Colorado.  This was the first time I've shown performance in more than a year, and I made the most of it by showing in nearly every class.  I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, so some of my entries worked better than others...
This was one of the good ones!
but I still managed to bring home a trophy model--yay! 
Jennibray, Overall Performance Champion
I didn't bring a lot of halter horses... 
Champion (BFF) and Reserve Champion (Dhaulagiri)  Drafts, both owned by me
but the ones I brought did pretty well. 
Cuter Than Meeka, Reserve Champion Resin Pony
 Today, Erin and I hung out at my house, talking horses and looking at each other treasures.
Pearl Western Pleasure saddle by Erin Corbett
 I still understand why she didn't leave these things here...
Close Contact saddle by Cristina Brown and owned by Erin Corbett
 but it sure was nice to have them in my house, even if it was only for a little while!
Kheepsake, Sarah Rose Khemosabi resin painted by Sarah Minkiewicz Breunig and owned by Erin Corbett
I dropped Erin off at the airport a couple hours ago.  I wish she could have stayed longer, but this was a near perfect weekend.  I don't have anything to complain about!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun I just love lady liberty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, and thank you for sharing! I understand about the tack... I have a Cristina Brown set myself. And that pearl saddle deserves a better blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting one! That plain one was the working pad I had on hand, lol - I am currently stitching a cream/tan/blue pad to go with it that matches the lovely Darla Curtis doll that will ride it! :-D

      Delete
  3. i love that performance donut set up... is that a real game because if not, i WILL make that a real game....so will my cake/cupcake eating horse!!!(seriously, she eats all my food,including the sweets)

    ReplyDelete