Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bit by (little) bit

It's been a busy month so far, and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time in the studio.  In fact, it's taken me almost two weeks to complete Kim's large little bit scale sawbuck saddle, harness, pad and halter.
Despite its small size, this set has the details of a traditional scale packing set,
including more than a dozen working tongue buckles with rollers!
I can't say that I'd want to work in this scale all the time, but this has been a fun challenge, and I'm quite pleased with the results.
Panniers are next.  Hopefully those won't take quite as long!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely tack, as always!
    And the mule looks better with ears, too! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, they're not fixed for real. I sticky waxed them into place because I couldn't bear the way she looked without them!

      Delete