Thursday, May 8, 2014

Playing favorites

Both my kids accuse me of playing favorites, although, of course, Ryan thinks I favor James and James thinks I favor Ryan.  In a way, they're both right.  Ryan is my favorite, but James is also my favorite.  I have two favorites, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I was thinking about this as the names started pouring in for the saddle lottery.  With nearly every email, I'd find myself thinking, "Oh, Sandy was my first paying customer.  She should get the saddle!"  or "There is no greater compliment than selling a saddle to another tackmaker.  Pat should get the saddle!" or "Sue is so nice.  She should get the saddle!" or "I've admired Ann's work for years.  She should get the saddle!" or...  

Well, you get the idea.

Since it is impossible to pick a "favorite favorite" I decided to make things as fair as humanly possible.  I put all twenty names into a hat...  
and let James pick the winner. 
Congratulations, Kim!  
Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in this saddle.  I am extremely flattered that so many people wanted to buy it.  I truly wish I could make a saddle for every single one of you.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kimberly!! Woo-hoo!!

    I would have LOVED to put my name in the running for that beautiful saddle but I recently bought two resins I've been wanting (a David AND a Hazel) so I have to build up my Model Horse Fund before I can even LOOK at anything else!

    ReplyDelete