Friday, March 31, 2017

Texas roadtrip

Last Saturday, Seth, Ryan, James and I packed our bags and climbed into the minivan.
We headed south on I-25...
and drove up and over Raton Pass into New Mexico.
Our first stop was Capulin Volcano National Monument.
We hiked up to the top and took in the amazing panoramic views
Then it was back in the car and on the road again through several small New Mexico towns... 
and into Texas. 
Ryan was so thrilled. 
The Texas Panhandle is flat...
and not terribly scenic. 
Then a stray rock broke our windshield.
It was a long, slow night of driving.
Finally, we reached our destination.
In case you're wondering, Memphis, Texas isn't anything like MemphisTennessee.
We woke up bright and early the next morning, ate a Texas waffle...
and drove and drove until we reached Seth's parents' house.
The rest of the day was spent socializing, both at home... 
and at a nearby park.
On Monday, we braved the Dallas traffic...
and headed downtown
We toured the JFK Museum...
and Reunion Tower
Tuesday was spent closer to home, with visits to Quail Hollow Tack, 
Gas Monkey Garage... 
and Flower Mound's flower mound
Then, almost before we knew it, it was time to head back to Colorado. We drove through some terrible weather...
and arrived safe and sound at my friend Andrea's house in Amarillo.
I rode Matt the Cowpony,
and met Gunner, her amazing deaf/blind Cocker Spaniel.
Seth and I slept in a room filled with Brioso's.
I would have been happy to stay in Amarillo for another day or two, but once again, the road called. We spent most of yesterday driving and driving.
Hurray!
There's no place like home.
So, that's how I spent my spring break. What did you do?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Cool, an Amazon parrot. I own a parrot myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Buddy the Bird. She belongs to Seth's mom.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had fun!
    I'm not on spring break (it's Autumn in Australia), but school holidays for me start in a week (!!). I'm going to my first show, The Nags and Neddies Easter Extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a parrot just like your in-laws when I was a kid! Great pet. Glad you had fun visiting family.

    ReplyDelete