Monday, March 13, 2017

NaMoPaiMo halters

A horse as special as Hoka Hey deserves a really special halter.
With this in mind, I asked Rachel Fail to make me a tooled NaMoPaiMo bronc halter noseband. It arrived today, and, no surprise, the craftsmanship is absolutely awesome. Unfortunately, however, I forgot to tell Rachel that Hoka has a really big head. For a few bad moments, I thought I wasn't going to be able to make this work.
Then I got creative. 
Rachel's natural colored noseband is now inset into a piece of darker leather, which matches the tooling. I am so pleased with this solution. It really looks like it was always supposed to be this way.
So awesome! Thank you, Rachel! 
I also made a couple trophy halters to give away as NaMoPaiMo prizes.  
This one belongs to Mackenzie Ferguson and is shown here on her NaMoPaiMo foal. Congratulations, Mackenzie! You are definitely a winner!
Mackenzie is also the proud (I hope) owner of a newly upgraded set of Breyer polo tack. I'll share the details of that tackmaking adventure in an upcoming post.

1 comment:

  1. That halter looks perfect! You and Rachel Fail are amazing tack makers.

    ReplyDelete