Monday, July 7, 2014

Tennessee

Sixteen years ago this month, Seth, Abbie and I packed all our belongings into a Hertz-Penske truck and moved from Memphis, Tennessee to Denver Colorado.
The move was good for us, but leaving was bittersweet.  I'd spent seven mostly happy years in Tennessee, and I have wanted to go back--to visit not to live--since the day I left. 
Today--finally!--it's going to happen.
I'll be staying in Memphis for two days, and then my friend, Carol, and I will road trip home through Arkansas and Oklahoma.  I am looking forward to visiting old and new friends and will update my blog and Facebook page when and if I have a chance.  

P.S.  Good luck and safe travels to all my friends who are attending NAN and Breyerfest in Kentucky this week.  I look to hearing all about your road trips, too!

8 comments:

  1. Safe travels to you! I'm glad you're getting to take this trip after so long, and of course am looking forward to getting to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the new friend I am looking forward to meeting. My son is positively envious that I get to visit a reptile rescue!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun in Tennessee and safe travels to you and Carol on your way back home. How nice that you'll get to visit with old friends and meet the new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice that a long awaited trip is finally coming to realization! Have fun and stay safe! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have fun on your trip! This is completely unrelated, but I was wondering if you could answer a quick model horse question for me. Could an etched Breyer still show as OF, or would it need to compete in CM? I have a couple models I'd love to try my hand at etching with, but I don't want them to have to compete with some of those flawless Customs out there just because they have a new blaze or pinto coat or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do a lot of showing, but I'm pretty sure they'
      d still count as CM, because it's not factory finish :S
      I'd definitely still give it a go, some etchies are breathtakingly gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your trip Jenn! Those of us at home appreciate any sharing whatsoever, Thanks so much! (Hurray for the webcam at NAN.) P.S. Anony, etches are often given their own class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a great trip!
    ~AHG488

    ReplyDelete