Saturday, March 4, 2017

Delayed gratification

Normally I take pictures of new models right away, but the last week of February was a little intense. I didn't have time to take this guy's photos until after NaMoPaiMo was over.
He is absolutely stunning. 
I still can't believe he's mine.
After a lot of consideration, I've decided to call him Hoka Hey, which is the battle cry of the famous Lakota warrior, Crazy Horse. Thank you, Hilary Hutchison, for the great suggestion!
Of course, I couldn't resist taking a picture of him with my other NaMoPaiMo gift horse. This one was given to me by Maggie Bennett, who also sculpted him. Tiffany Purdy has offered to paint him as Hoka Hey's mini me. His name will be Takoda, which is Sioux for "friend to everyone." Thank you, Kate Cabot!
Here's Hoka with Agatha... 

and Agatha with my other February finishwork projects.
What a great month that was! I can't wait to do it again in 2018!

3 comments:

  1. When I heard this song I thought of your wild appie. Buffy St. Marie, Spirit of the Wind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zb0WTSLsY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the background story. https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/culture/arts-entertainment/video-polaris-winners-buffy-sainte-marie-tanya-tagaq-collaborate-new-music-video/

    ReplyDelete