Saturday, July 16, 2016

Stolen moments

I didn't expect this trip to be easy, but it's been exponentially more difficult than I could have ever anticipated. There will be no visits to my former horsey haunts, rides in Griffith Park or scenic drives up Corina's mountain this week. I don't have the time (or energy) for for any of that.

But I do have the time for Eaton Canyon. There's always time for Eaton Canyon

I left early, just as the sun started to peek over the mountains.
The sky was grey... 
and the clouds were low enough to touch. 
I followed the trail...
to the bridge.
I paused for a few minutes to breathe. Then I smiled real big, took a selfie...
and headed back down the trail.
By the time I walked out of the canyon, the hot summer sun had burned through the clouds. Another day had begun.
Thanks to everyone who has offered their love and support during this tough week. It is really very appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Dealing with aging parents is the most difficult thing you will ever have to do. I've been there. Take care of yourself or you will not be able to take care of them. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete