Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Almost wordless Wednesday

Yesterday was Custom and Resin Performance day at NAN. The competition was fierce and also extremely well documented. Judging from my Facebook feed, there were nearly as many cameras in the show hall as there were tubs of sticky wax! Today's first post features pictures from Leah Koerper, Janna Shepherd, Vicky Kitzman, Mackenzie Purdy and Sandy Sandersen. Enjoy!
entries by Erin Corbett, photo by Leah Koerper
photo by Leah Koerper
photo by Leah Koerper
photo by Leah Koerper
entry by Erin Corbett, photo by Leah Koerper

photo by Leah Koerper
photo by Leah Koerper
photo by Leah Koerper
entry by Sandy Sandersen, photo by Leah Koerper
photo by Leah Koerper
entry by Janna Shepherd, photo by Janna Shepherd
entry by Janna Shepherd, photo by Janna Shepherd
entry by Janna Shepherd, photo by Janna Shepherd
entry by Janna Shepherd, photo by Janna Shepherd
photo by Vicky Kitzman
photo by Vicky Kitzman
photo by Vicky Kitzman
photo by Vicky Kitzman
photo by Mackenzie Purdy
photo by Mackenzie Purdy
photo by Mackenzie Purdy
entry by Sandy Sanderson, photo by Sandy Sanderson
entry by Sandy Sanderson, photo by Sandy Sanderson
entry by Sandy Sanderson, photo by Sandy Sanderson
entry by Sandy Sanderson, photo by Sandy Sanderson

8 comments:

  1. I can't understand why my roping entry didn't win....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly the judge was biased.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That milkman better watch it. His horse is walking off without him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing, as always! :) Literally the only thing that caught my eye as incorrect was the milkman's horse as well - everything else was "If you squint it looks real" level. And I suppose the horse COULD have been walking off without him! My favorite (this will shock you) is the dapple grey going over the XC table. Can't get over the doll in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. About the milkman's horse: I'm old enough to remember milk and bread being delivered by a horse drawn wagon (a brown horse for Brown's Bread, and a grey for Silverwood's Milk). And, yes, the horse would walk on as the milkman went up to the houses and back, because it knew the route like the geography of its own teeth. If the milkman didn't want the horse to take matters into its own hands (make that hooves), he would throw out an "anchor" - a heavy stone on a rope. (Oh gee, am I really that ancient?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read "whoa" not who's! Stupid autocorrect

      Delete
    2. canreffy you are exactly right. The milk wagon was my entry and it is a replication of my Grandfather's Bowman Mill Company wagon. He delivered milk and eggs in the late 1800's till the 1920's in Chicago. He told me his horse new each house on his route better than he did. When he made a stop he would get what he needed off the wagon and then cluck to his mare and she would slowly walk off to the next house. If he wanted her to stop all he had to do was say who's. My entry was a bit of a history lesson and it may look strange but all the documentation depicts accurately. I even put his vehicle number on the wagon. I hope I made him proud.

      Delete
  6. I love that paintbrush jump. All are awesome but I watched pics of that elsewhere in progress (or another like it). Simply grand.

    ReplyDelete