Friday, August 7, 2015

Riding in Griffith Park

Riverside Drive near Griffith Park is the undisputed horse capital of Los Angeles County.
In just a few miles of road, there is one big equestrian center, 
countless... 
smaller... 
stables, 
 at least two tack shops,
and miles of bridle paths...
and mountain trails. 
This area is so horsey, even the cross walks are designed... 
for horses and riders! 
This is where I headed when I decided that I needed to go riding last week.
I was assigned a cute horse...
and a cute guide.
I climbed aboard and we headed out. 
We crossed one bridge...
and rode through one... 
two... 
three tunnels... 
before heading up the mountain. 
This is usually a busy trail, but it was early and we had it mostly to ourselves.
The views were outstanding, both with...
and without the ears!
I don't expect much from rental horses, but Bear was super. He reminded me very much of Santana, which is, of course, a big compliment. My guide, Eric, was equally wonderful. The morning felt more like an outing with a friend than a by the hour rental ride.
I could have been happily spent the entire day in the mountains, but eventually we had to return to the barn.
 By this time the trails were filled with riders. Boy, was I glad I went early!
It would be impossible to overstate how much I enjoyed this ride. Everything about it exceeded my expectations. I will definitely ride there again next time I'm in California!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun. Thank you for taking us on the ride with you.

    ReplyDelete