Friday, May 29, 2015

No models, just mountains

As much as I enjoyed the live show, my favorite part of the Models in the Mountains weekend was the post show hike on Saturday evening. 
We drove to the trail head in two cars...
mostly because Corina's dachshund, Tigger, wouldn't allow Sue and I to ride in her car!
Once we reached our destination, Corina's other dog, Winnie, led us up the mountain.
The views were spectacular...
in every direction. 
Not surprisingly, the humans were compelled to make multiple camera stops.
Even the dogs took the time to pause...
and admire the scenery.
This part of the Angeles National Forest was devastated by the Station Fire in 2009. As a resident of the forest and the founder of a non-profit organization dedicated in part to environmental preservation, Corina was a wonderfully knowledgeable trail guide. I learned so much on this hike!
I would follow Winnie and Corina anywhere...
but eventually, it was time to return to Chilao.
Despite the low attendance at this year's event, Corina is planning to hold Models in the Mountains again in 2016. I hope everyone will attend, and if you do, plan to spend the night at Chilao. Trust me, you don't want to miss the Saturday evening hike!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that there will be another Models in the Mountains in 2016. There was another model horse show for Mini's in Anaheim on that Saturday, which was well attended (I judged Chinas there). I am sure many would have liked to attend this show. Have enjoyed all your posts and pix....looks like a grand time was had by all! Keep me in the loop, please! ~Heather W
    Yucaipa, CA

    ReplyDelete