Saturday, July 30, 2016

Zoo zoom

We heard that the Denver Zoo is a really good place to hunt Pokemon, so on Thursday, James and I and two of his friends headed over there for a day long Pokemon adventure.
Since I have no personal interest in Pokemon, I planned to spend my time taking photos. 
Unfortunately, it was really hot and the sun was really bright. Most of the animals were hunkered down in the shade...
or sleeping... 
or hunkered down in the shade and sleeping! 
 "Seriously, lady. It's too hot for this nonsense."
Because I am persistent and had a lot of time on my hands, I was able to get nice pictures of some of my favorite animals... 
but you know it's a hot day when the turtles are the most animated creatures at the zoo. 
As the day was winding down, I caught up with James, James and Javier. They all still had a little battery life left... 
so I decided to make one more pass by the zebra exhibit.
The zebras had been especially lifeless throughout the day... 
but this time, the baby was awake...
and ready to play. 
At first no one wanted to play with him...
but he wasn't taking no for an answer. 
It took him a while to get this mare going...
but once she started...
she was all in.
It was so fun watching them duck...
and buck... 
and zoom
Big snorty.
Little snorty.
What a good way to end the day! I may not have any personal interest in Pokemon, but I will happily support my kids' obsession, especially when zooming zebras are part of the equation.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that zooming zebras need no Pokemon. Your second-from-bottom shot reminds me of the Lascaux model...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several of our zoos here in Arizona are saying they're a good lace to find Pokemon creatures and have been hosting hunting parties and letting people know when they're going to drop bait balls, or whatever it is they do to attract a large number. They're also advertising an 'air conditioned gym' which confused the heck out of a friend who knows nothing about the game and had no idea where they had an air conditioned gym at the zoo. I had a hard time trying to explain that it's not a real gym but rather a virtual one and they probably had the gym in an area with air conditioning. I don't think she ever understood. Hahaha. They're reporting a 50% increase in membership sales, though, so that's never a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete