Friday, June 3, 2016

Doing it right

In case it's not obvious, I really liked my performance entries at this year's Springamathing live show. Dog hair aside, I felt as if I did almost everything right. My entries were well planned and well executed. I used top-notch horses, tack, dolls and props, and my set-ups were correct, detailed and interesting.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself until I looked at this set of photos from the Dapples N Paint Live Model Horse Show held May 15 in Western Australia. These entries belong to Carol Warwick, Katrina Sterry and the mother and daughter team of Jo and Jade Baker, who also took the photos. Every single one of these entries is spectacular. I aspire to be this good a performance shower someday. 

Congratulations, Jo and Jade, and thank you for letting me share your photos. Truly, you and your countrywomen are doing this right!
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Jo and Jade Baker
entry by Katrina Sterry
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Carol Warwick
entry by Carol Warwick

12 comments:

  1. These. Are. So. Wonderful. No more comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind = BLOWN. Holy... I don't even have words. How on earth do they tote around all that stuff, or get it on the table in time? Or BUILD it, for that matter? Absolutely unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I just clicked through on your link and discovered these ladies have only been doing this for a few years. O.o In that case, I'm calling them the Michael Jungs of the model horse hobby - too perfect to be real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, talk about making a person feel inadequate! Would LOVE to judge these entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mistook that first photo for a real horse in the thumbnail view. :D What an amazing group of performance entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. When I saw the first photo on my blog roll thingy I thought for sure it was a real horse and rider. Even when I saw the larger picture it still looked incredibly real. Australia has some talented showers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG they are amazing! Something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Australia's performance showers are dedicated and creative and they are also wonderful to work with! We've enjoyed working with each of these ladies and are always happy to see their amazing entries. These are such nice pictures of the entries with the Olympic water jump, Rolex brush and ditch, WEG cathedral spire jump, and birch hunter jump that we made. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. .........Ya, not fair!
    When I saw the thumbnail I thought that was a real jumper! I want every single doll, horse, prop, tack set etc! Could you imagine being lucky enough to ride and own these horses if they were real!!!!!! PARADISE!

    ReplyDelete