Sunday, June 12, 2016

Weekend Showcase: Cheryl Johnson

I try to maintain a daily blogging schedule, but weekends have a way of wreaking havoc with my good intentions. Between the husband and the kids and the dogs and the horses there are just so many other things to do besides sitting in my studio and writing about model horses. I've been looking for an easy but interesting way to fill the weekend space, and at last, I think I've found a good one. Today, I am happy to present the first installment in my new semi-regular Weekend Showcase series.

Today's featured photographer is Cheryl Johnson from Texas. 

Cheryl is "Facebook famous" for her wonderful model horse and wrestler doll photos. These pictures have a wonderfully cheerful energy to them that is quite unique in the model horse world. 

I asked Cheryl is she was a wrestling fan, and this was her response: I didn't know anything about wrestling when I bought my first doll. I was  fighting some severe medical issues, and that silly doll just made me laugh with his comical expression. Now, I know a bit more because I became interested in who they were/are. Wrestling is silly to me, but there are some interesting stories out there. Mainly, I love them because they are hilarious! I am, however, deemed pretty darn cool by the 4th grade boys at the school where I work. They know so much about the wrestlers, it's funny.

Thank you so much, Cheryl, for allowing me to share your photos (and words) here. Your dolls are hilarious and your pictures are awesome.
Interested in having your photos featured in future editions of Weekend Showcase? Contact me through my Facebook page or at braymere.comcast.net.

17 comments:

  1. Ahahaha these are great!! The second one gets funnier the longer you look at it... I'm sitting here cracking up over their expressions. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are HILARIOUS. My husband is a huge WWE fan, and I find myself tempted to get wrestlers for my horses thanks to Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!!!! They made me smile ear to ear and have to admit I am obsessed with The Rock so live the folls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going through a lot of medical issues myself and I LOVE Cheryls photos, they always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, the falling jumping one absolutely killed me! XD

    I'd love to have some of my photos featured if you'd be interested in mostly Julips? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please!

      You were actually the next person I hoped to feature here.

      :)

      Delete
  6. Too funny. I am disturbed by the placement of the hand on a couple of the dolls in the pictures with the horse cut in half. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove these dolls! Cheryl pictures are so funny :)
    I have one doll - Edge, and want him to be a pure viking, he just need clotes and early medieval saddle for his brave horse haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the BEST!!! I think Cheryl needs to be a "semi-regular" on the blog. Haven't laughed this hard in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be completely good with that. As far as I am concerned, there can't be enough wrestler and Breyer photos.

      Delete
  9. OMG! I nearly peed myself from laughing so hard. The expressions, situations, placement - Everything - Soooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG they are hilarious!! I love the crazy cat lady figure, where do one get that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm late to see these, but had to echo what everyone else is saying - they are hilarious!! I can certainly see the appeal: not being a wrestling fan, but being so amused by them. Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing them here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same model! The mare (roan mustang) in the third photo.

    ReplyDelete