Monday, May 30, 2016

Springamathing Western performance

The first class of the Western Performance division at last Saturday's Springamathing live show was Western Games. I had three ambitious, multi-doll entries for this one, and I was worried about changing all that tack and setting everything up in a timely manner. Fortunately, all that practicing really paid off. Everything went together smoothly and easily, and my efforts were rewarded with first...
and second place.
Lady Liberty's Donut Race entry didn't make the cut (this show only placed to third), but I was pleased with it, nonetheless.
The cattle classes were next. I knew these were likely to be zero or one entry classes, so I put Schutzengel on the table for both Cutting...
and Other Stockwork.
As the only entry, she won Cutting but had to settle for second in Other Stockwork behind Fabian's sorting entry.
Onto Western Trail! This was another good class for me, with Schutzengel winning first...
and Lady Liberty placing third.
Fabian's Knightly Cadence won the Western Pleasure class,
with sweet little Schutzengel in second...
and Lady Liberty in third.
The last class of the day was Other Western. Schutzengel won this with her Western Dressage set-up.
She went on to win the Western Performance Championship...
and the Overall Performance Championship. Teresa Buzzell's Gem Twist was Reserve. Hurray! 
Thanks so much to show holder, Heather Roell and judge, Michele Nelson. I had a great time showing performance at this year's Springamathing. I hope I won't have to wait another two years before I get to do that again!

3 comments:

  1. Is Muscatina in the second photo? If so, I'm so glad you decided to take her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is indeed Muscatina. She was a prop horse, so her name isn't in the results, but she definitely did her part to earn that red ribbon!

      Delete
    2. That is indeed Muscatina. She was a prop horse, so her name isn't in the results, but she definitely did her part to earn that red ribbon!

      Delete