Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pay the pupper

Part of my "pay the piper" strategy was to complete two small custom orders today: a nameplate halter and a Western bridle. I was making steady progress on the former when I received a call from James. He and his friends were hanging out in the park, and they'd found a toothless, limping Yorkie. She was wearing shelter tags and they'd called that number, but the owner had yet to be located.

"Can you take care of her for us?" he asked.

Of course, I said yes.
The dog wasn't limping when she arrived, but she was, indeed, toothless. 
I introduced her to Darcy first...
then Emma.
I'd planned to keep her outside, but she was very unhappy there, so eventually I let her in. 
This made Darcy really happy.
After an hour or two, Darcy and I were both having fantasies of a three dog future. 
And then, just like that, the owner was located. Gracie went home, and I went back to work. 
I didn't manage to finish the bridle, but that's okay. Sometimes it's more important to play with the puppers than it is to pay the piper. I'll make that bridle tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing how quickly they can become family!

    I've been reading your blog for a while now and really love your tack.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pix of Darcy and Gracie together. I'd've thought she'd flip out, but apparently not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy has really excellent social skills with other dogs. I knew she'd be fine, and she didn't let me down. Emma, on the other hand, has trouble reading social skills. I wouldn't allow her to be with a small, toothless dog without close supervision.

    ReplyDelete